• naja

Stimmen: 0 0,0%
  • schlecht

Stimmen: 0 0,0%

• Umfrageteilnehmer

Balu

Forums-Opa
Veteran
Listen to PET's debut album Player One Ready and you'll be as likely to think of The Beatles as Daft Punk, Zoot Woman or Cornelius. Or perhaps you'll catch a T Rex theme or a taste of 70s glam rockers The Sweet, colouring PET's familiar though strikingly fresh take on new electronic pop. Classic influences aside though, you'll hear catchy, infectious proper pop music by a serious producer; one whose musical vision is as accessible as it's amenable to repeat listening, delivering slamming energy-packed electronic music that rocks as much as it rolls.
Berlin based song-writing guru Andre Abshagen is clear about what PET's music is all about, declaring 'I've always been a huge fan of real pop music from the 70s- I miss those songs and with Player One Ready I've tried to make a serious pop album.'

While he's happy to use the much devalued label pop he's less keen on musical comparisons ('Daft Punk use too many soul singers, electroclash is too hyped, I don't feel a part of that scene') though he's happy to draw on his own musical past as one half of German experimental electro duo Dauerfisch,

'In Dauerfisch we worked with samples all the time using them as bases for the songs and with PET I wanted to do something completely different,' says Andre.

'I actually started writing all the songs on this album on the guitar.'

Starting PET with first single No Yes No, he gradually refined his original vision, adding Moogs and drums to the electric guitars, and later percussion (courtesy of Mouse On Mars' Dodo Nkishi and vocals (by Monika Martin). Throughout, he kept tight control of PET's song-writing including lyrics, even though they're delivered in his second language English.

'The English language is the language of pop,' he explains, citing Lennon and David Bowie as his favourite writers. He also admits to being inspired by his adopted home of Berlin ('it's a strange place with a strange history and lots of strange people though also very tolerant') though not its glitz. 'I'd like to be in a position with my music that I'm able to work with interesting people and meet them, because it's my profession. I'm not particularly driven to be famous, what interests me is music,' he says.

With Player One Ready and its ten tracks of joyous, uplifting quality electronic pop ready for release on Gronland Records this April, Andre's chances for meeting more interesting people look promising, indeed assured.

PET: Player One Ready is released on Gronland Records this June

Quelle www.pet-music.com

Homepage der Band www.pet-music.com

Aktuelles Album Player One Ready (2004)

Und nun bitte Anspiel-Tips, Kommentare und Berichte zum Auftritt