Extra charge for a large tent?

MilkmanDan

Parkrocker
Website
www.last.fm
Hi,

I'm a fist-timer in RiP and I was wondering if anyone knew about the camping and the sizes of the tentplaces.

Is there any limitations for the tent size? Is there an extra charge if the tent is a big one?

We were wondering, if we all (3 people) should come there with our oewn tents. Then there shouldn't be any problems. But. We thought it would be much nicer to have one, a "little bit" bigger tent. Like this:
http://www.open-air.com/GB/pages/tents/mont_blanc.html

What do you think, do we have to pay extra or is it even possible to take a tent as big as that one in the campingsite?

On the otherhand, three separate tents would take much wider space...

FREAKLEX

Pinnwandlegende
Veteran
Website
www.recordstore.com
Hi, a tent with this size, is not really a problem.

Some guys have big military-tents 10 x 10 meters or larger and that`s also no problem.

You will not have to pay more for those size.

We`re sleeping in tents for 3 or 4 persons alone and it doesn`t really interests anyone.

If the security ask you at the entrance why do you have 3 tents in space for 3 persons, you only have to say that the other guys come later or the next day.......

Greets
Lex

Bertl

kam, sah, schleckte
Veteran
Website
www.myspace.com
I've got the same tent as the one at the link and we sleep also only with 3 Persons in this tent!
That has never been a Problem!

MilkmanDan

Parkrocker
Website
www.last.fm
Ok, thanks.

We still have to find to way to bring the tent with us as it weighs almost 20kg... and we're coming by plane from Finland :lol:
Shouldn't be a problem... but have to take some kind of a little cart to carry our stuff! And drinks...

Bertl

kam, sah, schleckte
Veteran
Website
www.myspace.com
Just take a woodplate an 4 rollers like the one for office chairs and mount this with screws.
After this, mount a string at the board and you have a low weight cart!

MilkmanDan

Parkrocker
Website
www.last.fm
Damn man, you have a solution for every problem! This trip is going to be fun!

Or maybe we use the carts that old Finnish people have when they travel by a ferry to Estonia to buy loads of cheap beer!

McGuinness

gepflegt pessimistisches Kaninchen
Veteran
'Sackkarre' as a word might be quite disturbing for those who are rather unfamiliar with the German language ;)

G

Gelöschte Mitglieder 9424

maybe as disturbing as the look of the language written on the link above (is it finnish? finlandish?) for us :lol:

MilkmanDan

Parkrocker
Website
www.last.fm
foxrox schrieb:
maybe as disturbing as the look of the language written on the link above (is it finnish? finlandish?) for us :lol:

Yep, that site is in finnish. Quite different language compared to typical germanic languages. Finnish is a Finno-Ugric -language and I think it's also related to hungarian language. But I can't see any similarities between those two languages. But Estonian language is quite near. We have a bunch of same words, some of them with totally different meanings...
Oh yeah, "Speaking norweigian" means throwing up...

MilkmanDan

Parkrocker
Website
www.last.fm
HarryHarndrang schrieb:
the english word is "handcart" or (that's no joke) "sack truck" :rofl:

Actually I don't know what those carts are officially called in finnish. But since the mid 90's, the Kaljakärry -expression is known all over Finland. Beer used to be quite expensive here, at least compared to the tax free beer in 90's Estonia and Russia (same Finnish beer but without the high alcohol tax) . Nowadays when Estonia is a EU-country too, the taxfree shopping on the ferries between Finland and Estonia is over, but the beer is still cheaper there.
So at that time people were allowed to bring 2 boxes of tax free beer abroad. Few years later this limitation had to be removed due to orders from EU. So people went to Estonia and broght a loads of beer boxes with this kind of carts. That's the story behind the name...