A few questions for a RiP newbie

gfc

Schönwetter Camping-Prophet
Administrator
Website
www.parkrocker.net
Haha... I know what you mean. And you do make a good point with higher accommodation rates during the festival. But nevertheless, since tickets without camping are not available for sale, I think I'll choose and enjoy camping. Now all I have to decide is which option and if it's worth paying the extra 100 EUR.

I mean even if you don't get the green camping: there are more than enough "calmer" places where you can camp. Just avoid C4 at all Costs ;-) And usually you have to walk a little bit to the calmer places, e.g. 20minutes. But as you are doing that only twice a day, it's fair.

If you are looking for a cheap hotel, then go for a Hotel near the train station. We did that once and stayed for no money at the Intercity Hotel and it was easy to travel with the S-Bahn or Tramway to the event location.

Reaktionen: RalucaL

Gunga

Parkrocker
If you wont find a calm place at green camp you can go to other areas. you are allowed to use the regular camp areas with a green camp registration (but not vice versa).

Reaktionen: RalucaL

Nicklord

Parkrocker
2 weeks until the festival, nice :D

Parkrocker meeting on Thursday? Any more information about that? I would love to meet some new people there, there will be 2 of us.

We are arriving around 10 am on Thursday if someone wants to go to the festival then he/she is welcome to help us :oops: What is the best way to get to the site, by foot or public transport? Doesn't seem very far. Also, is there any map available? Where is the best place to camp?

One more question, about water. How many places are there for washing hands, brushing teeth and drinking water? Also, the site says "1l tetrapacks" are allowed on festival ground like tetrapacks for milk? You go and put water in tetrapacks and go in? :wohow:

mindstop

Parkrocker
Parkrocker meeting on Thursday? Any more information about that? I would love to meet some new people there, there will be 2 of us.

The Parkrocker meeting will take place on Thursday 7 pm, somewhere around the „Terminal A Tower“/ „Club Tent“ area. You just have to look for some people with yellow shirts. ;)

Also, is there any map available? Where is the best place to camp? How many places are there for washing hands, brushing teeth and drinking water?

You can find a map for both the camping area and the festival area at: Rock im Park 2016 ( places for taking a shower, etc. are also included ).
The best place for camping depends on what you prefer: camping area CP 4.1 – CP 4.12 is very loud, party all night long and sometimes it smells like somebody died in there. :D If you prefer a more „decent“ area, I would try CP 4.13 – CP 4.20 or CP 5.

Also, the site says "1l tetrapacks" are allowed on festival ground like tetrapacks for milk? You go and put water in tetrapacks and go in? :wohow:

Yes, but they are restricted to 1L apiece.

Reaktionen: Nicklord

Balu

Forums-Opa
Veteran
you can buy water in tetrapaks as well.
But you can fill in what ever you want... you are not limited to water ;)

Please be aware that it is risky to fill the tetrapack with other stuff.
Only unopened original tetrapacks are officially allowed and securities might check them for tempering to see if you filled them with alcohol etc.

Water in Tetrapack is available in some german supermarkets

Reaktionen: Gunga

Nicklord

Parkrocker
Please be aware that it is risky to fill the tetrapack with other stuff.
Only unopened original tetrapacks are officially allowed and securities might check them for tempering to see if you filled them with alcohol etc.

Water in Tetrapack is available in some german supermarkets
So I can or I can not put something else? Do they take away just alcohol or anything not in original package?

Andi19Rocker

Parkrocker
On other festivals I made some good experiences with cutting a small hole in the side of the tetrapack, pouring some of the juice or whatever is in there out and filling alcohol back in. Then sealing it again with duck tape. But I've never done that at Rock im Park, dont know if the securities are complaining about a tetrapack wrapped in tape.