Brilliant weekend!!

Zaheer1980

Parkrocker
Hello!

What can I say? The germans really can put on a good festival! I had a fantastic time in Nurnberg, and met lots of interesting and funny people.

We camped in C4, near the back, just close to Munchener Strasse.. There was a big group of very friendly Swiss people just behind my tent, so I spent a lot of time with them when my friends had gone to sleep early. There were also some cool israeli guys just next to us too.

The bands I enjoyed the most were probably Muse, Die Arzte, Billy Talent, Linkin Park, and Kaiser Chiefs. I was really looking forward to Smashing Pumpkins, but they didn't play enough classic songs.. too many new ones, and too much time wasted playing endless guitar solos at the end.

I'm very tired now at work as I didn't sleep much over the weekend, but i'm really glad I went to Rock Im Park. If the bands are as good next year I will be back for sure!

Z

derdude

Parkrocker
Website
www.der-du.de
i feel quite the same as you do about the weekend.
closing out the riots which i did not see while sleeping it was really really really legendary.
you didnt like the solo of pumpkins and friends? i myself found it outrageous. difrent from the rest as this band is. ive never been a fan, but this concert of them really kicked ass. the time they did it was an extra on the playtime. normally they would have played 30 mins less according to the official stage plan.

Zaheer1980

Parkrocker
I didn't really see any rioting.. but when we got back to the campsite, almost all of the toilets near us had been knocked over..

Don't get me wrong, I love good guitar playing, but at the end it just sounded like a long jamming session which was frustrating because they could have been playing some more great songs. Well, at least they played Bullet with Butterfly Wings, so that made me happy!

derdude

Parkrocker
Website
www.der-du.de
i got to admit that 5-10 minutes less solo playing would have been enough although.
somebody attending rock am ring told me that in their concert there only one guest appeared for the solo. this old bearded one. at the moment im watching the live stream from roack am rings mtv broadcast. maybe it will proof that there was a slight diffrence in the playlist between park and ring.

greg

Parkrocker
In fact, there were some differences.

Rock am Ring:

01 (Intro)
02 Today
02 Bullet with Butterfly Wings
03 United States ->
Star Spangled Banner (tease)
04 Bleeding the Orchid
05 Stand Inside Your Love
06 Cherub Rock
07 Shame
08 Silverfuck -> The End [The Doors] (tease)
09 Thirty-three
10 To Sheila
11 Tonight, Tonight
12 Tarantula
13 Starz
14 Zero
15 Disarm
16 1979
17 Untitled
----------------
18 Gossamer (with Uli Jon Roth)

Rock im Park:

01 (Intro)
02 Tonight
03 Starz
04 Tarantula
05 Zero
06 Glass & The Ghost Children
07 United States -> Star Spangled Banner (tease)
08 33 (acoustic)
09 To Sheila (acoustic)
10 Today
11 Stand Inside Your Love
12 1979
13 Doomsday Clock
14 That's the way
15 BWBW
16 Disarm
17 Untitled
---------------
18 Cherub Rock
19 Gossamer (with Uli Jon Roth and Rudolf Schenker)

Zaheer1980

Parkrocker
But they definitely played Bullet With Butterfly Wings at Rock Im Park too.. I remember because I was jumping up and down like crazy with a bunch of german guys when they played it :)