Getting to Rock im Park

avery

Parkrocker
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with an idea of the cheapest way to get from frankfurt hahn to Rock im Park and back. I've looked at the deutsche bahn website but I can't seem to find anything particularly affordable so I was hoping someone with a better knowledge of german transport could help.

Thanks in advance,
Avery

Fabus

Parkrocker
Hey Avery,

a regular ticket for a travel with the "Deutsche Bahn" is not affordable, your damn right. So you'll have to take the cheap "Ländertickets", which allow you to take the IRE, RE, RB und S-Bahn; in fact you are not allowed to take the good, fast and comfortable ICE and IC. :cry: But it has got a lot more style to take the "Bummelzug" :)
As you will have to cross 2 federal states (Hesse and Bavaria), you'll have to buy 2 "Ländertickets", which are the "Bayernticket" in Bavaria and the "Hes5enticket". You get them at the ticket machines. They will cost you 25 Euros each. But you will be able to take 4 other persons with you (and you don't want to come alone, will you?)
But I think it will be at least much cheaper than an ICE-ticket would be, even if you are with only two more guys... :D

Bertl

kam, sah, schleckte
Veteran
Website
www.myspace.com
Hi Avery

I just looked at the homepage of the "Deutsche Bahn" and found a connection from Frankfurt to Nürnberg that would only cost 31 €! The journey would last 3,5 hours and would be direct!

If you want to look by yourself, this link leads you to the English site of DB:
http://www.bahn.de/-S:PtVORN:eRfpOt...rnational/englisch/international_guests.shtml
http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/qu...t=2a.02094449.1145347528&REQ0HafasScrollDir=1

I hope, I could help you! For more Info, please ask!

Greets, Tobi

mistermisfit

Parkrocker
Hi,
This is what we are doing.
you get the bus from frankfurt haan to frankfurt.
How many people travelling with you? If it is 3 people then you will get a train from frankfurt to nurnberg return for about 30Euro each.
On the bahn site, go through the ordering process and at the end tell them you want the cheapest fare possible and they will email you back with a price. If the price is acceptable to you then you tell them to order the tickets. they will post the tickets in the mail to you. Mine just arrived this morning!

How many people are travelling with you?

avery

Parkrocker
Hey,
Thanks for all your replies :)
There will be three of us travelling together, so the Ländertickets seem like a good deal. Will this get us on the coach from frankfurt hahn to frankfurt or does it only work for trains? How much does the coach cost?

Also, can anyone tell me if there is a time they stop letting people into the campsite? We may be arriving quite late :(

Avery

G

Gelöschte Mitglieder 9424

hey avery,
i don't think that they will stop letting people into the campsite. but the good places to camp are usually filled up (and kinda closed...) on friday morning, so you'll get a place to camp, from which you have to walk a bit longer to the stages. but don't worry - drinking beer on the way to stage rocks ;)