Help with parking

sharkeybmelody

Parkrocker
morning guys,

i am comming over from Liverpool England for the third time for RIP, only 34 days left, i cant wait! we are actually going to drive over this year, we will be arriving on thethursday morning. does anybody know where i can park my car where it will be safe and not get damaged. we usually camp by the lake where alot of people park up and camp next to their tents. is my car likly to get damaged if i park up there? will i have to pay for parking?

really looking forward to coming over, if anybody wants to meet up for a beer let me know!

icedearth

The American Dream
Every year I park my Jeep in the main parking lot and I have never had even a scratch put on it. If you are worried about, there are plenty of parking places outside of the RIP area.

The only real safe bet though is to find a parking garage.

I would not worry about it though.

sharkeybmelody

Parkrocker
yeah, i was thinking about that just throwing it in and hoping for the best, of course i dont want to park too far away from my tent either! also does it take ages to get your car out of the main parking on the monday?

(am i right in assuming the main lot is that massive road that runs up towards the collesium and past the two lakes???)

icedearth

The American Dream
Yes that is the main parking lot.

I did not have a problem getting out on Monday morning last year.I left about 1000 though and the traffic was pretty light. Normally I leave Sunday night after the last band though. I live less than 40km from Nuernberg.

I will leave again on Sunday night this year because I could not get ouf of work on Monday this year.

sharkeybmelody

Parkrocker
we are driving up too amsterdam on the monday, so could do without spending hours in a parking lot (like you can at english festivals)

i might just slam my car in there then, any idea how long it is from frankfurt to nuremberg? we are spending a night there before we head down!

sharkeybmelody

Parkrocker
and how long do you think from rotterdam to frankfurt? just a guess would do! i didnt actually realise that frankfurt was so close to nuremberg

Dom

Parkrocker
google maps states that it should take 4 hours and 11 minutes ;)

icedearth

The American Dream
From Frankfurt to Rotterdamn I really dont have a clue.

Dom schrieb:
google maps states that it should take 4 hours and 11 minutes

I hope that is from Frankurt to Rotterdam, because it does not take 4 hours to drive from Nuernberg to Frankfurt.

icedearth

The American Dream
I have never taken 3 hours to drive to Frankfurt I do not drive faster than 140 kmh. My Jeep can not drive faster than 140 kmh.

Maybe 2.5 Hours to drive to Frankfurt but certainly not 3 hours unless there was really bad traffic.

sharkeybmelody

Parkrocker
yeah i thought about google maps, but thought asking for personal opinion would be better. i can get about 120mph out of my car, dunno what that equates toin Kmh

really looking forward to getting on the ale now! you guys should come say hello and enjoy a beer with us

sharkeybmelody

Parkrocker
yeah definatly, 100% up for that. i think its only something like 28 days away now, but still seems ages away. i still have alot to sort out! needs to find somebody who will lend me a sat nav for the week. so how many people are you going with to the festival?

icedearth

The American Dream
I am going with a group of about 16 to 20 (it depends on if the last 4 can still get tickets). We are a mixture of Germans and Americans and go every year together.

A friend of mine from England came down in 2006 and went with us.

sharkeybmelody

Parkrocker
yeah one of my friends is still looking for a ticket, hopefully he will find one soon.

speaking of americans, i found my new york mets top today, that cheered me up!

got about 8 driving over with us and a few more flying over.

what bands are you looking forward too then? or just there for the atmosphere?

icedearth

The American Dream
what bands are you looking forward too then? or just there for the atmosphere?

The atmosphere is great of course, but I allways go for the music.

This year I am really looking foward to:

Metallica (My favorite band and 10th time I will have seen them)
Motorhead
Die Toten Hosen
Rage Against the Machine (not really a fan but I will watch about half the show then head over to Motorhead...)
Kid Rock
3 Doors Down
Filter
Dimmu Borgir
Black Tide
Incubus
Serj Tankian
Gavin Rossdale
Cavalera Conspiracy
Bad Religion
Opeth
The Offspring
Nightwish
In Flames
Disturbed (not really a fan though)
Alterbridge
The Verve
Jonathan Davis
Saxon
Rose Tattoo
Black Stone Cherry
Airbourne

Of course I will not be able to watch all of these bands...)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

sharkeybmelody

Parkrocker
cant wait for RATM and kid rock - wanted to see the kid for years, hope he plays alot of his older stuff.

dunno if i will go and see metallica, i have seen them a few times, i do like them, suppose its a toss up between another band or another beer, think the beer might win!

ill also try and catch the streets, Lostprophets, Incubus and im sure there are a few more!

i just love sitting around the camp enjoying a beer with my friends! how many times @ rip is it for you now? and are they definatly having big screens for the football? do you follow football?

icedearth

The American Dream
Kid Rock puts on an amazing show. He put on a free show for us when I was in the Army and it was really good.

Metallica I can not miss. I have only missed them once when they came to my area and that is because I was deployed.

This year will by 9th RIP. The only year I have not been to RIP since 1999 was in 2004.

Yes they will having big screens for the football, I believe they are going to be in the Arena. I actually love football and my favorite teams are FC Bayern Munich and Germany.