Information about RIP

jessay77

Parkrocker
Hi,

My name is Jessica, i am dutch but my german in writing is still bad, i understand most german but it is still difficult to find the information on the forum if i have to find it in german,so i have a few questions in english for you.

I am also intrested in getting to know people :) and maby meeting them at RIP.
I am going to RIP with two of my friends.

Most of the information about RIP on this part of the thread is from 2011 and before that.

What am i alloud to take to the campsite, most festivals i know have limitations in bringing alcohol and stuff, can you bring a small gascooker?
Is there a limit on tents or something?

Is the campsite far away from the festival terrein? is there a shuttle bus or is it easy to walk there.

Is the parking far away from the campsite?

When do i need to arrive to have a relatively good spot on the campsite?
It is gonna be a hell of a drive but we want to have a good spot.

Also i read something about a pre party, can someone tell me about that?

If someone could refere me to a english site wich contains this information i would be happy too.

I hope that you guys can give me some information? Thnxx heeps XD

El_Cattivo

El_lenlange Wartezeit
Hi Jessica,

there are no alcohol limitations, but you are not allowed to bring it in glass bottles.
A small gascooker is no problem.
Also pavilions are not allowed, but nevertheless most of the people take one with them. If you wait with setting up the pavilion till Friday evening it should be no problem.

The longest way from the campsite to the stages is about 20-25 minutes, but if you arrive early (thursday morning) and have some luck you can also get a spot that is only about 5-10 minutes away from the centerstage.

The Pre-Party you heard about only takes place at Rock am Ring. At Rock im Park there is only a party tent where you can already go on Thursday evening. But it's always a lot of fun, too.

Also on Thursday afternoon there is the so called "Parkrocker-Treffen", a meeting organized by this forum. But it is not an official event.
Anyway, this is a good oppurtunity to meet some people from this forum and drink some beers with them :D

I hope I could help you :)

Lutz

Parkrocker
Hey Jessica,
I don't have that much time right now but I can try to answer some of your questions:
- There is no limitation on bringing alcohol to the camping spots
- the camping area is very close to the stages...you don't need a shuttle-service in the park...the longest distance is maybe 20 minutes by foot!
- the parkingspots are in the middle of the camping area. If you arrive early enough it should not be a problem to get a good parking spot and a good camping spot.
- i guess it would be ok, if you arrive on thursday between 7 and 8...

so, have to go now! hope i help you!

El_Cattivo

El_lenlange Wartezeit
by pavillion you mean a party tent?

yes, a party tent like this one:

41048.jpg

Hägar

Parkrocker
i don't agree to the point that the longest way to the stages is about 20 or 25 minutes. When you have to camp on 4.16 or more you have 30 - 40 minutes to the stages

El_Cattivo

El_lenlange Wartezeit
i don't agree to the point that the longest way to the stages is about 20 or 25 minutes. When you have to camp on 4.16 or more you have 30 - 40 minutes to the stages

Depends on how fast you walk :p
If you are in a hurry because you want to see a band imo it is even no problem to get from C4.16 to the stages in 25 minutes (of course without the time you maybe have to wait at the entrance to the festival area)

jessay77

Parkrocker
i mean the walk from campsite to entrance, the tought is that we might want to walk back and forth sometime to get some stuff, maby extra clothes a coat wich i hope we don't need during the day :P

i went to pinkpop and there are different campsites there, from the close one with will take you 25-5 min depending where your tent is the other sites are 30 to 45 minutes easy to the entrance, and then you don't really want to go back to your tent untill it is all over.

apfelsaft

Parkrocker
If you camp on any of the central sites, walking back and forth shouldn't be a problem. I don't know the Pinkpop site but compared to some other festivals I've been the Rock im Park area is pretty small. But if you don't want to walk for longer distances I recommend arriving at thursday morning-noon.

Hägar

Parkrocker
this map could be interesting, it shows you supermarket´s around rip, but i don´t know how up to date this is

kartemitlegendeir2.jpg

BennyK

Parkrocker
we will atleast be arriving on thursday but not a clue how late

are there other things i need to know as RIP virgin??

come as early as you can on thursday to have a good place on the camping-side and don't bring glas bottles with you.

then you only have to bring a lot of fun and drink beer with us PR's.

jessay77

Parkrocker
Drinking beer is not gonna be a problem :lol:
Although I should have learned my lesson now that pitching my tent in the early morning and then start drinking is a certainty for my annual festival migraine, but it is a good thing I never learn ;)

maxibt

Dipl.-Ing. Hexenmeister, BSc in Wohnmobiling
Administrator
Hey Jessica,

of course there are mobile toilets ("Dixi") all over the camp sites, free of charge, but their tidiness depends on when you visit them... ;)

You will as well find some toilet containers which offer "real" toilets with water flushing. They are (more or less) cleaned regularly and cost 0,50 EUR per visit. At those containers you will also have the possibility to take a shower, I don't know exactly, it's about 2-3 EUR, I think. As you can imagine, you will have to wait a bit, when you want to shower in the mornings, when everybody intends to do so. So either take some beer with you to pass time while waiting, or try to visit the shower facilities at unpopular hours. ;)

Many guys also combine the whole toilet-shower-thing etc. with a visit at the near swimming pool. Or you go to Nuremberg main station, where you can also use clean toilets and a shower room (but this is much more expensive than at the festival area and you might as well have to wait some time).

jessay77

Parkrocker
Hello People,

Me again, ok we are go for early thursday morning, now how to meet parkrockers and the the parkrockers party?? How do I meet up with you guys?

An other question, what could you advice on a german prepaid SIM card for my phone? with internet?

thnxxx for your help :)