Parking, Camping, Hotel Info

tm81

Parkrocker
Hi i'm planning on arriving by hire car on friday afternoon. Will it be possible to park at the festival for the whole weekend?? Also would it be possible to sleep in the car instead of in a tent, or maybe camp next to the car. Don't mind if its a bit of walk.
Any info relating to this would be much appreicated.

one final question, how easy would it be to get transport into town if wanted to stay in a hotel one of the nights?

McGuinness

gepflegt pessimistisches Kaninchen
Veteran
Parkin is not really a big problem if you manage to find a parking lot that's not been closed due to the masses of cars. However, that might get a bit difficult on Friday afternoon. But, generally speaking, parking durfin the whole festival is no problem.
Some of us are experienced 'car-sleepers' so, yes, that's possible but depending on your size, and the size of the car it might get uncomfortable after some time ;)
Camping next to your car is generally not allowed, however there's one street (Große Straße) where loads of people put a tent/pavillon/whatever next to their cars/busses/whatever. Usually, the parking lots are too packed to put up a tent.
Public transport provides frequent service to/from the festival site from/to the city. You might want to check the schedule once you're there, though.

maxibt

Dipl.-Ing. Hexenmeister, BSc in Wohnmobiling
Administrator
When using a hired car you might also want to check the hirers insurance conditions in advance, in order to avoid problems in case the vehicle should get damaged (by whatever)!

You should also be early searching and booking a hotel if you do not want to camp, as according to experience the hotels located next to the festival area are booked up weeks, if not months before. Of course you will always find a room somewhere else, but the question is what you are willing to pay ;)

Anyway: Welcome to the community! :smt039

sharkeybmelody

Parkrocker
hiya mate, ive been over a few times, dunno about parking, but the public transport is spot on, infact its free! i wouldnt even know how to pay for it. but yeah, any questions give us a shout

sharkey

icedearth

The American Dream
Where in England are you all from?

I used to date a girl from Bristol. I would fly up there once a month to be with her and she would fly down here to see me once a month.