Questions about rock im park!

andybee

Parkrocker
Hi everyone!

We are 5 people from Norway heading for the Rock im Park festival this year, and we are very exited about it :)

However, since our german is a bit "rusty", we do have some questions, and any help would be appreciated!

First of all, a couple of us do not have tickets yet. Since we decided to go fairly late, we don't have time to wait for them to arrive by mail. Do you think it will be sold out by wednesday 1.6? And if not, where can we buy tickets when we arrive?

Also, I've gotten the impression that there is two types of tickets, ticket 1 and ticket 2. What are the difference between the two?

Secondly, how is the camping at Rock im Park? Is it one big camp like the Roskilde-festival where everybody stays, or are there several camp?

Finally, other than the location, what are the main differences between Rock im Park an Rock am Ring? And which festival do you concider to be the best? I'm betting you'll say Rock im Park :) But why?

Sure hope you can help us out, Norwegians lost in Germany can be a disaster :)

Cheers,
André

Faser

Parkrocker
The tickets won't be sold out, but i don't know exactly were you can buy them. I think u will get tickets, where you get the bands.
Yes, there are two types of tickets. The first type ist for festival and camping, the second type ist for the festival and the public transport. I think you need the first type ;).
You can camp at seven differeent camping areas at rock im park. You can find a good plan here: http://www.rock-im-park.de/index.php?navi=1&rid=2&artid=119

Rock am Ring is the bigger festival, normally it has around 65000 vister and Rock im Park has about 45000 visiter. RAR ist located at the Nurnburgring, which is a famous formula 1 track. I don't know which festival is better, i think you will have fun at both festivals ;).

puni

dauerdichter Forumskaschper
i´m sure you can buy tickets when you arrive but i´m not sure where...
i guess it´s where it says "Kasse" on this map: http://www.rock-im-park.de/index.php?navi=1&rid=2&artid=119

well you will need ticket 1. ticket 2 is only for people who live in or in the area around nuremberg. the people with ticket 2 are not allowed to use parkingarea or to enter the camping area but they can use the puplic transportation for free.

at the rock im park festival you have several camping areas. i can recommend the c4-camp its the biggest of all and the one the most party is going on ;)

i think rock im park is the better one compared to rock am ring. at rock am ring the biggest disadvantage is that there are too many people so if you want to see your favourite band you have some thousands of people in front of you who block your view. at rock im park you have the same bands but not that much people standing in front of the stage. and most important: rock im park is in bavaria and here the beer tastes better ;)

G

Thanks for your advices, it helps a lot!

Looks like camp C4 is the place we are looking for ;)

Anyway, we are flying to Frankfurt with Ryanair. Do you know the fastest way to travel from there to Nürnberg? Also, I've been told that Rock am Ring is aqually a lot closer to Frankfurt than Rock im Park. Is this really so?

nitsche

VeterAdmin
Veteran
After all what has happened today, I would recommend you to attend the Rock Am Ring festival either way! And yes, it's closer to Frankfurt ;)

nitsche

VeterAdmin
Veteran
Due to the fact that Rock Am Ring is obviously getting an additional band playing after the german group "Wir sind Helden", which is not the fact for Rock Im Park, Rock Am Ring will have a "better" headliner on that day. Generally Rock Am Ring has from 5 up to 10 groups more in the billing, such as "3 Doors down" or "In Extremo" this year. This is what I referred to in my last post ;) And at Rock Am Ring are, compared to Rock Im Park, about 20,000 people more having a great party. So Rock Am Ring has to offer more bands and a bigger party ;)
But Rock Im Park rocks as well, of course ;)

andybee

Parkrocker
I see. It would be nice with another headliner of course :)

Both festivals seems really cool, and we might accually consider going to rock am ring instead. However, some of us have already bought tickets to rock im park. Are theese possible to trade in for passes at rock am ring instead?

nitsche

VeterAdmin
Veteran
No, not at official trade points. So, when your pals already bought tickets, then come to Rock im Park. It's the hell of a party as well ;)

Balu

Forums-Opa
Veteran
And look out for people with yellow t-shirts and the parkrocker symbol. Say hello from norway when you see one ;)

That's us btw

andybee

Parkrocker
We sure will :)

Does anybody know the best way to travel from Frankfurt to Nürnberg by the way?

gfc

Schönwetter Camping-Prophet
Administrator
Website
www.parkrocker.net
Well, you haven't much choises. ;)

It'll be best you take the Train. There is a direct one (look for ICE), needs only about 2h.

andybee

Parkrocker
I see, ICE it is then I guess :)

About the C4-camp: We will probably arrive at the camping sometime after 21 in the evening on wednesday. Do you think it be full allready, or will we probably find a spot?

And also, when I think about it I don't have a ticket yet...Can I buy it that late in the evening, or will the stands selling them be closed?

puni

dauerdichter Forumskaschper
i´m pretty sure that you will be able to buy a ticket in the evening... i mean you won´t be the only one who arrives at that time
i think the only camp you will find a spot at that time is the c4-camp because it´s the biggest camp
you´ll find a spot for sure... maybe you are even able to get a place in this area (red dot):
lager2.jpg

that´s the place where all the pr´s camp and i could use someone to talk english to because i have to write my final english test in about 2 weeks ;)