Ticket Trouble!

wolfpack

Parkrocker
I am trying to get a ticket for Freitag (Metallica). I am living in America, but will be in the Czech Republic in the summer and can't find how much it costs to ship to Prague. Is there a will call or ticket pick up option?

Danke!

wolfpack

Parkrocker
Wow so 34,90 to ship only a few hours away to Prague. Looks like I won't be able to afford to go because of this outdated ticket system. Any other suggestions? I appreciate your responses

einsiedler

McChrystal's Promoter
Are you serious? Of course, 35 Euro for shipping to Prague is absolutely outrageous. But let's calculate:
90 Euro Ticket
100 Euro Travel from Prague to Nuremberg and back (or more?)
25 Euro Merchandise (Shirt e.g.)
30 Euro Drinks (at least)
20 Euro Food
-------------------
265 Euro

And 35 Euro more are making you unable to afford to go there?

wolfpack

Parkrocker
Are you serious? Of course, 35 Euro for shipping to Prague is absolutely outrageous. But let's calculate:
90 Euro Ticket
100 Euro Travel from Prague to Nuremberg and back (or more?)
25 Euro Merchandise (Shirt e.g.)
30 Euro Drinks (at least)
20 Euro Food
-------------------
265 Euro

And 35 Euro more are making you unable to afford to go there?
Well I am a student so I'm on a pretty tight budget and wasn't sure if I could afford it before I learned of this shipping problem. I was able to find a bus that was 67 Euro roundtrip. Perhaps I could still afford it, but it is difficult for me to justify paying 35 Euro for the ticket to be shipped a few hours away.

accanito

Parkrocker
Website
accanito.tumblr.com
Wow so 34,90 to ship only a few hours away to Prague. Looks like I won't be able to afford to go because of this outdated ticket system. Any other suggestions? I appreciate your responses

i don't know...i understand your doubts...i usually go to festivals and print@home tickets make it easier and cheaper, but that's it...if you want to go to rock im park or rock am ring that's the way...i never trusted other websites than the offical or the mentioned ones, so maybe check other festivals...europe is full of any kind in the summer ;)

McLeo

Parkrocker
I dont think there will be any problems to get a ticket for Friday at the festival when you arrive Friday. Doesnt look like it will be a sellout atm - so if you are lucky you could even get a 3-day ticket for 120 - 130 Euro. 1-day tickets will be for sale at the official box offices at the festival ground. No worries.

gfc

Schönwetter Camping-Prophet
Administrator
Website
www.parkrocker.net
Well I am a student so I'm on a pretty tight budget and wasn't sure if I could afford it before I learned of this shipping problem. I was able to find a bus that was 67 Euro roundtrip. Perhaps I could still afford it, but it is difficult for me to justify paying 35 Euro for the ticket to be shipped a few hours away.

I'living in Switzerland and sometimes there are german webstores that doesnt ship to Switzerland or want a fortune for it. The Solution: Near the Swiss Border a lot of "parcel pick-up services" opened which give you a german shipping adress and for a very small fee you can go there and pick up you parcel or letter etc.

Maybe there are similar providers near the czech border...

wolfpack

Parkrocker
I dont think there will be any problems to get a ticket for Friday at the festival when you arrive Friday. Doesnt look like it will be a sellout atm - so if you are lucky you could even get a 3-day ticket for 120 - 130 Euro. 1-day tickets will be for sale at the official box offices at the festival ground. No worries.

This is what I might end up doing. Is there enough to do in Nuremberg for a weekend if I don't end up finding a ticket?

Lutz

Parkrocker
Be sure you'll find a ticket on Friday. I can remember only one year without ticket-sale at the festival in 14 years RiP.

McLeo

Parkrocker
This is what I might end up doing. Is there enough to do in Nuremberg for a weekend if I don't end up finding a ticket?

First of all: You´ll find one. It took me about 15 Minutes to get one for 90 Euro at the festival last year but there is also enough to look at in Nuremberg for a weekend if you end up buying an official one day ticket.

wolfpack

Parkrocker
Ok looks like I'll just plan for a weekend in Nuremberg with my friends and hopefully we can see Metallica! Thanks for the help

wolfpack

Parkrocker
Any updates on how many tickets remain? Have my travel plans booked, now I'm just hoping that we will be able to find tickets for Friday the day of, do you think this is still possible?

wolfpack

Parkrocker
If it does sell out are there usually a lot of people selling their tickets on the grounds?

S

Skizzler

jup, i have been to rock i'm park for 7 years now and every year people try to sell their tickets :)