Velvet Revolver

O

oidi

Aktuelle Sachen über VR hier rein

Slashs (jetzt Velvet Revolver) Zylinder wurde nach dem Grammy 2005 am 13. Februar aus der Limousine gestohlen.
Der Fahrer des Autos meinte er habe nichts davon mitbekommen.
Derweil sollen auch ein paar Dinge aus Perla's (Slash's Frau) Handtasche gestohlen worden sein.

SLASH's Top Hat Stolen - Feb. 20, 2005

Guitarist Slash's (VELVET REVOLVER, ex-GUNS N' ROSES) top hat that he's been wearing for the past 15 years was stolen out of the limo that took him to the Grammy Awards last Sunday (Feb. 13), informed sources have told BLABBERMOUTH.NET. The limo driver swears he knows nothing about it and Slash wants the hat back. In addition, some personal things were missing from a bag Slash's wife Perla left in the limo with the top hat.

If anyone has the top hat and wants to return it (no questions asked), please contact BLABBERMOUTH.NET.

Happy13

Parkrocker
slash hat nicht nur einen =)
aber wenn es der schwarze ist mit den silbernen teilen dran wärs schon sehr schade.
aber so lang ihm keine seite gitarre wegnimmt bin ich schon glücklich

seb

Parkrocker
Website
www.last.fm
" A California man has apparently come forward claiming that he has the top hat that was allegedly stolen from guitarist Slash's (VELVET REVOLVER, ex-GUNS N' ROSES) limo that took him to the Grammy Awards on February 13 (as first reported by BLABBERMOUTH.NET on Feb. 20). The man claims that he bought the hat from a transient for $50.00 on Hollywood Blvd. and is demanding a reward for returning the hat, which he has threatened to sell on eBay unless he is compensated for his efforts. We'll have more information on this developing story as it becomes available.

Slash was acting as musical director at the Grammys for an all-star version of THE BEATLES' "Across The Universe", which included contributions from Steven Tyler, Bono, Stevie Wonder, Norah Jones, Alicia Keys and Brian Wilson. The song is available for download, with all proceeds going towards Asian tsunami relief efforts. "

Quelle: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=33634

O

oidi

für die, die zu faul sind, es zu übersetzen:
Ist Slashs Zylinder wieder aufgetaucht?

Wie MTV.de berichtet soll ein Unbekannter dieses Zylinder in L.A. zu einem Schnäppchen Preis von $50 einen Straßenhändler in Hollywood Boulevard abgekauft haben.
Dieser Unbekannte "droht" Slash nun, sollte er ihm die Unkosten nicht erstatten, den Zylinder im Internet zu versteigern

seb

Parkrocker
Website
www.last.fm
"VELVET REVOLVER guitarist Slash (ex-GUNS N' ROSES) spoke by phone to Jim Bone of WBSX-97.9X in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, PA on Thursday (March 3) about finally locating his stolen top hat and performing at the Grammy Awards, among other topics. Asked about the status of his missing hat, Slash said, "This guy has popped up, he's surfaced with it. He's got a picture of it — it's the right hat. I don't know how he got it — I think he's full of shit, but whatever… He popped up [and] he was going on a radio station in Los Angeles. It's like we weren't gonna hear that. Anyway, so he's supposed to do it [give the hat back] tomorrow morning, so we'll see what happens.

"It's one of those things. It's just an article of clothing. It's personal — I've had it for a long time. Right after the Grammys, we got on a plane and went to Australia. I just got back last Monday. That being the case, when the subject popped up again, I was gonna get the money from the limo company and just have another one made or something like that, but this guy popped out with the actual article, the genuine article. And like, I just want the hat back. He's got the total story of [how he bought] the hat from a transient and all this kind of stuff. And like, that [story] doesn't check out with me. But whatever… Just give it back, and you want 50 bucks for it, fine. But the fact that it's made global news… It's just a hat. There's nobody in it (laughs). So what's pretty funny is I can't think of too many material things that one could lose that would make the news at this level."

Download an MP3 of Slash's interview with WBSX-97.9X at this location."

Quelle: Blabbermouth.net

Somit wäre das geklärt :D

seb

Parkrocker
Website
www.last.fm
Sorry kann jetz leider nicht übersetzen!

Billboard.com is reporting that VELVET REVOLVER have been working up bits of new songs in soundchecks, and are hopeful of hitting the studio in late summer after a run of European dates. But guitarist Slash says he's hesitant to play any of the new material live for fear bootlegs will appear on the Internet within hours.

"There are songs we haven't even written, apparently, that are out there," he says. "I don't have any clue what they are. That's a bummer. Maybe at some point when the record is done, and we tour before the release of it, we'll play some new stuff."

To tide fans over before a new studio release, VELVET REVOLVER are planning on unveiling a live album and DVD at some point.

"We record everything," Slash says. "We've done a bunch of shows where we've full-on multi-tracked and we're actually mixing the stuff. As to when we'll do it, I'm not really sure. There's all kinds of stuff we could do. That's what great about this band. It was so confining in [GUNS N' ROSES], especially the last half of the band's career. There were so many things we could have done, but they would just never get done. In this band, we're like kids in a candy store."

Along those lines, Slash admits the wild excess of days gone by and the flameout of GNR has allows him appreciate VELVET REVOLVER's out-of-the-box success even more.

"For all that GUNS N' ROSES craziness, you'd be surprised how aware I was of what was going on," he says with a laugh. "At the same time, it was completely out there. We were totally new at it. It was a hell of a lot of fun, and there is certain stuff I can't remember."

"This band is still a rock'n'roll band," he continues. "It's not some new thing to any of us. But we're so much more present now than we were before. We have this wealth of experience, which creates a really unique situation. Now, we can indulge ourselves and say, 'wow, what a great f***in' night we just had.' You can really appreciate it."

Quelle: Blabbermouth

Und zum Zylinder:
SLASH Still Doesn't Have His Hat Back - Mar. 4, 2005
Slash's top hat — which went missing, presumed stolen at the Grammys — has been found, but is now being held hostage. A man claiming to have the hat won't hand it over until he gets a better reward, even though BC Ethic, the company that does Slash's T-shirt line, is now offering $5,000 for the hat's return, according to MTV News.

The hat was part of a marketing campaign where it was to be replicated and personally signed, for display with the release of the Slash line, a 15-piece collection of tees, knit tops and hats. "I've worn that hat for 12 years," Slash said in a statement. "It's my lucky hat and I want it back."

"The hat is a vital part of our marketing strategy for the licensing deal we have just inked with Slash," said Mark Zacher, CEO of BC Ethic, best known for its vintage T-shirt and co-branding with some of history's most famous rock bands.

"We are offering a reward to whoever stole the hat," said Zacher. "We want it back. And we want it back now."

A reward line has been set up at BC Ethic. If you have information, call (310) 887-7077.

matze4ce

Parkrocker
in essen ......toll^^
aba wird bestimmt geil basti!Velvet bie RIP!!da müsse ma in die erste reihe unbedingt^^

seb

Parkrocker
Website
www.last.fm
It's Official: SLASH Gets His Top Hat Back - Mar. 5, 2005
BLABBERMOUTH.NET has learned that VELVET REVOLVER guitarist Slash (ex-GUNS N' ROSES) has finally recovered his top hat, which went missing, presumed stolen at the Grammys last month. The hat was collected late Friday night (March 4) and a "small reward" was paid to the man that claimed he bought the hat from a transient for $50.00 on Hollywood Blvd. The reward was paid by BC Ethic, the company that does Slash's T-shirt line. The hat was part of a marketing campaign where it was to be replicated and personally signed, for display with the release of the Slash line, a 15-piece collection of tees, knit tops and hats.

O

oidi

Blabbermouth reports that this Electric Wonderland tour marks the band's first arena tour, and Scott Weiland says that it's a challenge to bring an intimate quality to a large venue. He says that they solve the problem by keeping the stage smaller because, "if you enlarge the stage too much, we found that the band doesn't play as a band any more — you start playing as individuals...So, we sort of keep the stage smaller, just so we perform as a band." Slash says that VR has started to work on the second album, and as he puts it, "We're making arrangements to take, whenever we have some time off, to go in and start pre-production and do this thing, 'cause everybody's really excited about it."

http://www.belowempty.com/vr/index.php?p=news#n050415_1

mal schaun, was vorher rauskommt: chinese democracy oder das neue vr album ;)

O

oidi

SLASH To Perform U.S., Canadian Anthems At TORONTO BLUE JAYS Home Opener - Mar. 29, 2005

VELVET REVOLVER guitarist Slash (ex-GUNS N' ROSES) will perform the Canadian and U.S. national anthems prior to the 29th home opener in the Toronto Blue Jays' history. The Blue Jays will face the World Series Champion Boston Red Sox on Friday, April 8 on General Motors Opening Night 2005 presented by The Toronto Star (7:15 p.m.).

Paul Godfrey, the President and CEO of the Blue Jays, says, "The goal of game entertainment, throughout the season and especially on Opening Day, is to enhance the fan experience and create great memories. Having one of the world's greatest guitarist perform the anthems will certainly be an unforgettable experience."

Slash first rose to prominence in the late '80s as the lead guitarist for GUNS N' ROSES, a hard rock band that sold more than 65 million records worldwide. The band's 1987 release "Appetite for Destruction" is referred to by Rolling Stone magazine as a "benchmark against which few albums in the genre of heavy metal can be measured and not deemed inferior."

Having left GUNS N' ROSES, Slash is now the driving force behind the platinum and Grammy Award-winning VELVET REVOLVER. VELVET REVOLVER was recently nominated for three 2005 Grammy Awards and was named as the winner for Best Hard Rock Performance (for "Slither"). The band's first release, "Contraband", debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard album chart last year.

slash zockt die hymne von canada:
http://home.online.no/~o-fo/2005.04.08 - Slash Plays National Anthems - Toronto, Canada.mpg
rechter mausklick, speichern unter und ab geht die post.

SlashHudson

Parkrocker
ich will mich zwar nich unbeliebt machen indem ich werbung von nem anderen forum reinposte aber auf www.velvetrevolver-online.de gibts nen cooles forum über gnr und vr

wooow geht das ab

geht einer von euch aufs Velvet Revolver konzert am 17.6 in essen???

man was für ein wortspiel: take me down to the paradiescity were the grass is green and the players r ready -.-