More bands confirmed!

Zaheer1980

Parkrocker
Hi Guys,

So lots more bands confirmed for 2008.. What do you guys think of the line-up so far?
I'm excited about metallica, alter bridge, bullet for my valentine, and especially Rage against the machine.. But on the whole the line-up doesn't look as good as last year..

I think i'm going to come to the festival anyway.. having a few problems though because my friends don't want to camp this time and want to stay in the hotel.. What's the point in going to a festival if you don't camp?! That's half the fun for me!

McGuinness

gepflegt pessimistisches Kaninchen
Veteran
The whole hotel vs. campsite argument is probably a very individual one. Many share your opionion, others would rather get a good night's sleep...
My experience so far is that the older you get, the higher the chance of ending up in a cozy bed... And remembering the vandalised campsites of last year, I can understand everyone who decides to stay in a hotel. For me it's just way too expensive otherwise I might stay at a cheap hotel/youth hostel as well.
Personally, I think the line-up is ok so far. Apart from Rage against the machine, there really ain't something special, but it offers a good variety - acts like The Prodigy, Culcha Candela, Kate Nash are far from the 'typical' rock band.

derdude

Parkrocker
Website
www.der-du.de
Id better shut up for now.
You never know what happens within the next 6 months.
I just trapped myself checking for free rooms on the hostel ;)
What about getting to the station after the concerts ended? Are there sbahn and buses running? I guess so, because People with One-Day-Tickets have to leave the area somehow...

Zaheer1980

Parkrocker
Yeah, i hear what you're saying.. but for me part of the fun of being at a festival is staying up late, drinking and talking with the people who camp near you..
You miss out on that if you stay in a hotel, plus it's more expensive.. money that could be spent on more food and beer!

onkelandy

Parkrocker
Yeah, i hear what you're saying.. but for me part of the fun of being at a festival is staying up late, drinking and talking with the people who camp near you..
You miss out on that if you stay in a hotel, plus it's more expensive.. money that could be spent on more food and beer!

We both think at the same way :mrgreen:

icedearth

The American Dream
I am looking foward to Metallica, Motorhead, Alterbridge, Die Toten Hosen, Nightwish, In Flames and Bad Religion so far.

I ofcourse will be camping again. To me it is part of the festival. I dont think I will camp until Monday however. Last year it got kind of crazy.

metalsuzan

Mama Said
Tell me something about being old! I´m 42 already, and me and my husband are gonna sleep in our bus. Our friends (same age as me and my husband) are gonna sleep in a hotel though. But they have much more money. So: to each their own!
I´m looking forward to see METALLICA, Motörhead, Cavalera Conspiracy, Opeth, RATM, Nightwish and some more.