Rock Im Park 2007

jaco

Parkrocker
Hi everybody!
I'm from Milan, and this year I finally decided to move to a European festival.. and it is probably the best in Europe..

The only problem is that I can't understand anything in German but some Rammstein songtitles.. and all the informations I need are in German..

Is there someone who can help me and answer to my thousand questions?

Danke!!

McGuinness

gepflegt pessimistisches Kaninchen
Veteran
First of all, welcome to the forums, and to Rock im Park in general - I'm sure you're not gonna deny your decision :)
And as for all the questions you have... just fire away, some clever person here will always know an answer :)

Damn, beaten by an admin :P

jaco

Parkrocker
Ok! I'm trying to organize this trip for me and my friends too, so I have questions about really everything..

First of all: what are the differences between RaR and RiP? Only the location or there is more? Why I've always heard about the RaR and I just discovered the RiP?

I've seen that last year Guns'N Roses played only at the ring, and I was reading that usually in RaR there are a bit more bands.. It's true?

gfc

Schönwetter Camping-Prophet
Administrator
Website
www.parkrocker.net
Ok, about the difference between RaR and RiP: RaR is the "big brother" of RiP, means there are more visitors at the Nurnburgring than in Nurnberg (70'000 vs. 45'000). Most of the Bands are the same, but some bands are playing exclusively at one of the two locations (if a band can only play one gig), like GnR was playing only at RaR last year.

It's sometimes frustrating for us, but that's the price we have to pay for the much nicer location (hey, you camp in a park with lakes etc.).

jaco

Parkrocker
But every year is the same, or there are possibilities that this time we'll have the same bill?

Personally, I prefer to camp in a good place like this and also to have less attendance, I'm not very tall and the less people I have between me and the stage the more I'm happy!!

But the music come first and I've also to satisfy my friends.. do you have an idea of when this one-gig-groups will be announced?

G

Gelöschte Mitglieder 9424

if it happens, they will announce it very late, to sell more tickets, or maybe they just don't know earlier.

jaco

Parkrocker
So we'd better wait to buy the tickets.. do they quickly get sold out or we can be sure to find them untill the groups will be announced?

Balu

Forums-Opa
Veteran
Well.. when you buy the tickets now you get an "early booking" rebate, meaning the tickets will become more expensive when you buy them late.
And the festival was never sold out so far, they are flexible with the size of the stage areas to accomodate more ppl if needed.

jaco

Parkrocker
Balu schrieb:
Well.. when you buy the tickets now you get an "early booking" rebate, meaning the tickets will become more expensive when you buy them late.
And the festival was never sold out so far, they are flexible with the size of the stage areas to accomodate more ppl if needed.

That's a very important info.. and more or less which is the price difference between now and then?

gfc

Administrator
Website
www.parkrocker.net
jaco schrieb:
So we'd better wait to buy the tickets.. do they quickly get sold out or we can be sure to find them untill the groups will be announced?

Well, normally none of the two festivals is sold out, the areas are just to big for that (I've heard RiP could handle 55'000 and RaR about 100'000 if needed).

Actually you can buy an early-bird ticket which is cheaper (about 10 Euro per Ticket) than the normal one. This promotion ends at 24. February. So, my advice for you: Buy now or wait 'till april :)

EDIT: Damn, beaten by an admin :mrgreen:

jaco

Parkrocker
gfc schrieb:
Well, normally none of the two festivals is sold out, the areas are just to big for that (I've heard RiP could handle 55'000 and RaR about 100'000 if needed).

Actually you can buy an early-bird ticket which is cheaper (about 10 Euro per Ticket) than the normal one. This promotion ends at 24. February. So, my advice for you: Buy now or wait 'till april :)

EDIT: Damn, beaten by an admin :mrgreen:

If it's so, i think we'll wait the more is possible.. but I almost hope to have a bad group in RaR to come here!! :mrgreen:

What were the groups that played only at the ring in the recent past? GnR last year, and before?

And the names of the Gerüchteküche, are they only suppositions or they are really probably coming?

(I know I'm asking very banal questions that everyone on this site is bored to answer, but to gain useful infos about this festival on the official sites is almost impossible to me! sorryyy!!!)

G

Gelöschte Mitglieder 9424

no no, we like helping other people here. really.
we had a few years ago linkin park to play rar only and judas priest to play rip only i think (or the other way round...)
and yes, gerüchteküche bands are just suppositions...

gfc

Administrator
Website
www.parkrocker.net
jaco schrieb:
but to gain useful infos about this festival on the official sites is almost impossible to me!

Hey, our approach is to be the better information source than the official sites 8)

So don't hesitate to ask anything.

jaco

Parkrocker
foxrox schrieb:
no no, we like helping other people here. really.
we had a few years ago linkin park to play rar only and judas priest to play rip only i think (or the other way round...)
and yes, gerüchteküche bands are just suppositions...

Thanks, you are so kind! Now i know that I can continue to get you bored till june! :P

Damn, I think I've done a damage with my friends.. when I read the gerüchteküche names I didn't know the real meaning of the word "gerüchteküche", i thought they were grops playing in another stage, like the alternastage or the club stage.. I went to them that evening screaming "Hey guys, I've got other names for the Rock Am Ring..!"
I hope they will really get confirmed, or maybe my friends are goign to kill me.. :lol:

gfc

Administrator
Website
www.parkrocker.net
Well, in our "Gerüchteküche" you'll only find bands which are realistic to be booked. So we're not so bad in predicting which Bands will come, the only hard thing to guess is if another festival will book them first.

jaco

Parkrocker
gfc schrieb:
Well, in our "Gerüchteküche" you'll only find bands which are realistic to be booked. So we're not so bad in predicting which Bands will come, the only hard thing to guess is if another festival will book them first.

Aw, if for example Roskilde will book NIN it means that they can't take part at RiP for contract, or something like this? :shock:

gfc

Administrator
Website
www.parkrocker.net
jaco schrieb:
Aw, if for example Roskilde will book NIN it means that they can't take part at RiP for contract, or something like this? :shock:

I don't now how this is handled with roskilde.. but for example if a german competitioner on the festival market - means for example Scorpio with the Southside / Hurricane - books a band you can bet on that they have an exclusive clause in the contract.

An example: Pearl Jam is booked for Southside / Hurricane. There will be NO chance that it will be booked for RaR / RiP.