english heading to rock im park!!!

sharkeybmelody

Parkrocker
hi

i am from liverpool england and myself and a few friends are heading to rock im park and would appreciate a few tips and directions

1st of all, does anybody reccomend a fine german beer?

2nd we are getting the train from munich to nuremberg, so how far is the festival site from the city centre? is there any public transport directley to the festival?

3.rd will it take a long time to get back to nuremberg after the festival has ended on monday?

4.th how much is the food on site? and what times do the bands play untill

any information would be greatly appreciated

regards

andrew

gfc

Schönwetter Camping-Prophet
Administrator
Website
www.parkrocker.net
Hi Andrew and Welcome at Parkrocker! You're our first english-speaking user, congrats! ;)

btw: I'll translate the navigation of this Page soon..

ok, let's go to answer to your questions:

1) There are a lot.. I really like "bitburger" or "Franziskaner". DO NOT drink "Tucher", it's the official festival beer, but it's awfull..

2) There is a public transport, an underground train.

3) Well, if you're drunk: Yes ;) Otherwise: not really.

4) The food is good, but expensive. Try the Danish Hot Dogs! The Bands play till midnight.

gfc

Schönwetter Camping-Prophet
Administrator
Website
www.parkrocker.net
And Remember:

DO NOT Drink this one

Tucher.jpg

ok ok.. if you just want to get drunk you maybe can.. ;)

O

oidi

don't forget the austrian ones: stiegl, stiegl, stiegl, stiegl, stiegl, stiegl, stiegl ;)

KingPin

Ich will Dyers eve!!
Veteran
and once again, its all about beer... :P

what u have do be aware of is that u will hardly find beer in cans in germany. and glass bottles will not be allowed on the whole festival area.

sharkeybmelody

Parkrocker
wow, thanks for the great replys

so are we going to have trouble getting our hands on cans of beer? are you not allowed bottles on the campsite?

we should be arriving in nuremberg about 4pm, wil there be large ques to get in? just asking so i know what to expecti i have been to 8 english festivals and everyone differs

C4 Rocks it all

das tapfere Schneiderlein
Hi sharkey,
4pm is the "rush hour" to get into the camping areas. The gates are opening about 10 am, u should be there so early as possible.
When u come later, it takes about 1-2 hours to get into the camping areas.
...but when u are inside.... THE PARTY STARTS!!!

Gigge

Forums-Orthograph
Veteran
sharkeybmelody schrieb:
so are we going to have trouble getting our hands on cans of beer? are you not allowed bottles on the campsite?
yes, you will have trouble with beer in cans. nearly no shop does still sell them, since there is a pledge of 50 ct on each can.
you also are not allowed to take glass bottles on to the campsite.
if it's possible for you, try to get some beer in any other country ;)

sharkeybmelody

Parkrocker
hmm, yes, i dont fancy carryring my beer on the trains and through airport security. so what beers do you all take to the festival? if glass is not allowed and cans are hard to get what options do i have?

i think we will be arriving at the festival site around 4, so at least we know to expect a wait. our flight to munch is at 8:30.am arriving in munich at around 10:30 roughly. then we need to book a train (which we will do soon) from munich to nuremberg, which takes about 2 hours. then the beer hunt begins.

how long is it to the festival site from the main nuremberg train station?

does anybody have any hints or information about the train from munich to nuremberg? anything to look out for?

i am hoping also to see the olympic stadium in munich on the monday. and after the mighty Liverpool FC beat Juventus ill hopefully be seeing a few of my german friends again!

Faser

Parkrocker
The most people in German buy casks, but some people go to a neighbour countries and buy a lot of cans there without any deposit.

Xpac_focker

Parkrocker
Kegs!

now thats metal!

kegs cost alot in the UK - so it wouldnt be a natural consideration.

do they search your bags on entry to the site? is it easy to slip a bottle of vodka in?

what brand of can is the easiest to get?

is their any nettos around or aldi's? - do they sell french small bottle beers called STARBERG?

can you buy beer on the campsite?

what would be a good welcoming present for our german tent neighbours?

is their food on the campsite?

*Edited by Balu: Warning on language*

sharkeybmelody

Parkrocker
so i am assuming it is easy to buy casks in germany? with the new announcements i cant wait untill the festival now